Admin, Agent & User Actions
Learn to use the Helpdesk bot for Workplace to search answer for FAQs, create a ticket, assign an agent to the ticket or resolve the ticket from workplace chat.
Let's get started
Below links will help you understanding of the bot and how can the User/Desk Owner and Desk Agent can take action on it to assign ticket or training an intent
User: Search for an Answer
Searching for an answer only works if the Auto Answer is enabled and intents and sample questions are added in the app.
Any user can go to the Helpdesk bot in workplace chat, enter their question and send the message to the bot. The bot will start checking the answer with the highest confidence and send the response to the user if the search text matched with the training questions.
Below are the steps to send a query to the bot
- Go to the Helpdesk Bot Chat
- Enter the question and send the message in the chat
- Bot responds with a message
- Bot asks for the feedback if the given answer helps the user or not
- If the user selects Satisfied option, the bot sends a thank you message
- If the user selects Not Satisfied option, the bot send the similar response or provide an option to Raise an issue
User: Create Ticket
User can directly raise a ticket by typing #new, #create or select the button available in chat once you click Action menu from persistent menu. If auto answer is enabled for your Helpdesk Bot, you will get the option of Raise an Issue if the bot response for your searched text is not available or the user is not satisfied with the answer.
For example: You can create desk type like Internet, Email, Software Access within IT Helpdesk
- User creates a new issue by typing #create or select "Actions" from persistent menu
- Bot will show a list of existing desks for which the user can add an issue
- Select a desk and a type associated with the desk
- Select a Desk Type and answer the questions that follow (seeking further information about the issue). Your issue will be created and posted in the specified desk workplace group.
- The new issue will be submitted to the desk group and the owner of the desk will get a notification (In case Manual assignment is configured). If Direct Assignment is configured, bot will automatically assign agents to the issue in a round-robin fashion. Learn more about Assignment Type configuration here
- Users can view all their issues and their status by typing #myissues or select Actions button from persistent menu.
- Users will receive updates about the issue status or any remark added to the issue.
- Users can respond via chatbot on status update and provide inputs to the desk agent for further communication.
User: Remind An Agent Or Reopen A Ticket
A user can go to the open issue by typing #myissues and perform the following action on the open issue.
- Mark Resolved: User can close an open ticket by clicking this option.
- Remind Agent: User can remind the agent to resolve an issue.
- Issue Timeline: User can see all the updates and comments posted by the agent in issue timeline.
Once a user issue is resolved by the agent, the user get two option with the notification. Share feedback or Reopen Ticket. User can share their feedback on the issue resolution or reopen the ticket if they are not satisfied with the resolution.
Desk Owner: Assign A Ticket To Self Or Agent
Desk owner receives a instant notification from the chatbot when a new issue is raised on their desk if issue assignment type is manual. Each issue ticket gets created as a post in the group mapped with the desk with issue details and issue id.
Owner can go to the post and assign that issue to any agent who will work on the resolution of the issue. Only one agent can be assigned to an issue. @Helpdesk #assign @userName
Owner can also assign the ticket to self or any other agent associated with the desk in the chat. Click on Assign via Chat button and the bot will provide option of Assign to Self or from the list of mapped Agents for the desk.
Tap on one of the options for the assignment and the issue will be assigned to the agent immediately with a notification in the chat
Desk Agent: Post Comments & Update Status
Agent will receive notifications from the chatbot whenever a new ticket is assigned to them by the Desk Owner or if the ticket is assigned directly from the bot.
Once a ticket is assigned to an agent, the agent can Update Status or click on More Actions for other activities.
An Agent can take the following actions
- Post Comment: Agent can post a comment which will be sent to the requester and requester can respond back. This comment also gets posted on the post associated with the ticket as a comment.
- Reassign:Agent can reassign the ticket to other agent.
- Change Desk:Agent can change the desk if the raised issue is not related to the current desk.
- Change Desk Type:Agent can change the desk type if the current type is not correct.
On every update on the ticket, the user get notification from the bot.
Agent can update the status of the issue in workplace chat or using the webview if it is enabled for their Helpdesk Bot. The issue status can be updated in the following status.
- In Progress
- On Hold
Desk Owner/Agent can provide additional comments with Status Update that get posted in the comments of the workplace post associated with the ticket and a notification is sent out to the issue creator in workplace chat.
Feel free to reach out for queries at email@example.com