ABOUT RELIANCE NIPPON
Reliance Nippon Life Insurance is one of the largest life insurance companies in India. They operate through a network of 600+ branches spread across 640+ cities in India. They have 8000+ employees across different channels.
70% of RNLI’s employees use Workplace every day through more than 500 active groups for learning and engagement.
Reliance Nippon Life Insurance (RNLI) operates through 6000+ field sales managers spread across 600+ branches across India. With such a distributed team, driving learning & development becomes expensive and challenging and a poorly trained frontline leads to lower productivity and poor customer experience.
To overcome these challenges, RNLI leadership has kicked off a program branded ‘Digi 30’ to make learning an everyday endeavor using Workplace groups, Huminos survey bot, scheduled posts, and live posts. The program SOP covers four parts:
- The training: Every morning at 9.15 am, a pre-scheduled Workplace post gets shared on their Pan India Agency group, which has the entire agency (branch) staff in it. This post has a short learning video focused on one specific skill, e.g., detail about a specific insurance plan from the company.
- The debrief and the huddle: This is followed by a 15-minute live huddle between each branch manager and their sales managers in which they discuss the learnings from the video and do a group activity as suggested in the video. These huddles are streamed live on the respective regional managers groups for feedback.
- The evaluation: At 10 am, a three-question evaluation survey is pushed to everyone’s mobile phones through the Huminos survey bot on their Workplace Chat. Everybody gets nudged thrice over the next 1.5 hours to fill the survey on this bot if not already done. At 11.30 am the survey closes.
- The governance: The Workplace manager of RNLI publishes a report every day which is sent to the training team, respective heads of departments, and the CHRO. This report has the following:
- Training video seen report
- Evaluation report card
- Appreciation using gamification
Increased productivity from improved capabilities, and increased confidence and motivation
Improved understanding of products and skills
Increase in revenue from improved productivity